Monday, November 9, 2009

Well, I did it.

I got the H1N1 vaccine. I have been going back and forth on it since it was released. I was unsure about getting it because it was developed so quickly. How, after being made so fast, could it be good, safe, and work effectively?

It came down to the fact that I work in a diagnostic center where I see 75 or so patients a day with various medical problems and illnesses. Many of these patients come in with flu-like symptoms and come to us to get tested. I am also a mother to an almost 3 year old, and a wife. I had to protect my family, I would feel horrible if I brought something that home with me. It also helped that it was free and provided to me by my employer.

Hopefully this was the right choice for me, and I hope everyone else stays healthy regardless of whether or not you decide to get it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you and vasilated but did it in the end. I volunteer as a nurse at a homeless clinic. They gave out "tickets" yesterday for vaccine clinics on Monday so on Monday I'm taking the family for vaccines.

    ReplyDelete